Personal data we may collect from you
We will obtain personal data from you (such as your name, address, membership number, payment details etc), whenever you complete an online form on our site.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you (register as a supplier, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service, enter a competition, purchase goods or services). We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of improving and personalising our services to you.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you, at the time that your data was obtained. These purposes include:
• helping us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
• research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
• customer profiling and analysing purchasing preferences;
• marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
• fraud detection and prevention;
• billing and order fulfilment;
• credit scoring and credit checking—see 'Credit checking', below;
• customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
• to notify you of any changes to this website, or our services, which may affect you;
• security vetting;
• improving our services; Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by; mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email. These communications may be related to products, services, promotions, special offers or charitable causes, that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to;
• other companies within our Group;
• our agents and service providers;
• credit reference agents—see 'Credit checking', below;
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
• our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above; and 'Keeping your data secure'. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you
• we store your personal data on secure servers
• payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
To enable us to make credit decisions about you and members of your household and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
• give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Transfers of data out of your country
When you signed up for the provision of products or services or membership of this website you agreed that we may transfer your personal data to Countries outside your Country of residence. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee, to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details); and
• specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable);
• provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details); and
• if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at the below address, or call us on 118 (Zimbabwe).
Our registered office is No. 2 Old Mutare Road, Msasa, Harare, Zimbabwe.